Click on the Icon For More Info On...
Money for College
A College Admissions and Financial Aid Guide For All Students, published by MIT
OU and OSU have preferred deadlines to maximize your chances of getting a university based scholarship.
Oklahoma State University encourages incoming freshment to apply by November 1, 2017 for early scholarship consideration. The regular deadline for full scholarship consideration is Feb. 1, 2018.
The final deadline for OSU freshmen admission is July 1, 2018
In order to be eligible for general freshman scholarships at the University of Oklahoma you will need file your application and supplemental scholarship questions by December 15th, 2017.
The final deadline for freshman admission at OU is February 1, 2018.
To apply visit the Common Application website.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU – Weatherford, OK)
SWOSU announces a new path to college graduation at SWOSU – The HONORS Program.
To qualify for admission into the SWOSU Honors Program, a student must meet these three requirements:
• a minimum composite score of 28 on the ACT or a SAT score of 1250,
• have a 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 grading scale
• and have been admitted into SWOSU.
The prioritydeadline for applying to the SWOSU Honors Program is March 1st, and a separate application must be submitted.
The application process consists of:
• A completed Honors Program application (Part 1 and 2). Link to Part 1 http://www.swosu.edu/academics/honors/form-one.aspx
• a resume,
• contact information for two academic references,
• and a 500 - 750-word essay in response to one of the following prompts:
1) The etymology of the word “education” includes the Latin root “educare,” which translates as “to lead out” and “to raise up or bring up.” What do these meanings have to do with your concept of education?
2) A Nobel Laureate observed a few years ago that “Humanity's top 10 problems for the next 50 years are (in descending order) these: Energy and water, food, environment, poverty, terrorism, disease, education, democracy and population.” Which one of these future challenges do you want to address and how?
3) According to historic records, “Honors” means distinction in scholarship. What distinction in scholarship would you foster as an active member of the SWOSU Honors Program?
Lastly, applications received by the March 1st deadline will also be considered for the SWOSU’s Guaranteed Scholarships (see this website for additional information http://www.swosu.edu/administration/sfs/scholarships/guaranteed.aspx)
NOC President's Leadership Council
There are 3 scholarships listed in the flyer. The Presidential Leadership Scholarship, NOC.OSU Gateway Ambassadors Scholarship and the State Regents Academic Scholarship.
To complete a scholarship application visit www.noc.edu/scholarships
If you need more information please see your counselor.
Garfield County Republican Women’s Club
Applications must be complete to be considered. The application must be scanned and emailed or mailed and received on or before Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Subject: GCRWC Scholarship
Garfield County Republican Women’s Club
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1744
Enid, OK 73702-1744
Include the following:
- Application Cover Sheet and Form
- High School Transcript (through December 2017)
- ACT and/or SAT Score Report
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- You may include additional sheets if necessary
JRF Introduces the Class of 2021
The Jackie Robinson Foundation is pleased to present the Class of 2021. The new class is comprised of 59 Scholars hailing from 23 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Combined, JRF is supporting 216 undergraduates this school year.
Online Application Now Available!
We are pleased to inform you that the online application for the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship is now available at www.jackierobinson.org. The JRF application is the vehicle through which more than 4,000 talented young minority high school students apply to become JRF Scholars and carry on the civic-minded legacy of the Foundation’s namesake, Jackie Robinson. The deadline to submit the application for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship is February 1, 2018 by 5:00 pm ET.
About the Jackie Robinson Foundation
Jackie Robinson Foundation (JRF) is a public, not-for-profit national organization founded by Rachel Robinson in 1973 as a vehicle to perpetuate the memory of Jackie Robinson and his incredible achievements. Serving as an advocate for young people with the greatest need, the Foundation assists increasing numbers of minority youths through the granting of four-year college scholarships and comprehensive practical support. The Jackie Robinson Foundation is distinctive for providing much more than financial support. While each Jackie Robinson Scholar receives up to $28,000 over four years in direct support, they also become an active member in the Foundation’s unique Mentoring and Leadership Development Program, which is an extensive mentoring program that includes practical skills-building and exposure through attendance at conference workshops, the assignment of peer and professional mentors, assistance with internship and employment placement, and a myriad of other networking opportunities.
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, minority high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4-year college when applying for the scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
We are happy to provide you with Frequently Asked Questions about the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship. We have compiled a listing of the queries we most often receive into one easy to read document for you and your students. To download click here.
2017- 18 Application Process Timeline
- November 1, 2017
JRF Scholarship Application opens
- February 1, 2018
JRF Scholarship Application due
- April 30, 2018
Notification of Application Status
- June 15, 2018
Final selections announced
Junior Welfare League of Enid Scholarship
The Junior Welfare League of Enid will award one $1,000 scholarship which may be used for any accredited college, university, or technical school. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Be a high school senior
Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
Attend a high school in Garfield County
Exhibit a commitment to volunteerism
Must enroll as a full-time student in any private or public post-secondary institution in the upcoming school year.
To apply pick up an application from the Guidance Office.
|Northwest Oklahoma Osteopathic Foundation Scholarship:
If you are intered in in medicine as a career, stop by the counseling office to pick up an application.
Deadline: April 6th
The Oklahoma Schools Insureance Group (OSIG) will be awarding twelve scharships to twelve graduating seniors who attend OSIG members schools. The tree finalists from each state quadrant (As defined in the scholarship guidelines) will be bying for a $2000, $1500, or $1000 scholarhsip.
PLEASE see your counselor for an applications.
DEADLINE: February 26th, 2018.
FARM CREDIT of ENID
Farm Credit of Enid will be awerding serveral scholarships for 2018.
Applicant is a high school senior planning to enroll the fall after graduation in a full-time course of study at an accredited two- or four year college, university, or vocational-technical school. Applicant may pursue any field of study.
Applicant is a son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a Farm Credit of Enid, ACA stockholder.
For more information and APPLICATION stop by the Counseling Office.
Deadline: April 1, 2018.
Choose another page in this section.