Click on the Icon For More Info On...
Money for College
OU and OSU have preferred deadlines to maximize your chances of getting a university based scholarship.
Oklahoma State University encourages incoming freshment to apply by November 1, 2017 for early scholarship consideration. The regular deadline for full scholarship consideration is Feb. 1, 2018.
The final deadline for OSU freshmen admission is July 1, 2018
In order to be eligible for general freshman scholarships at the University of Oklahoma you will need file your application and supplemental scholarship questions by December 15th, 2017.
The final deadline for freshman admission at OU is February 1, 2018.
To apply visit the Common Application website.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU – Weatherford, OK)
SWOSU announces a new path to college graduation at SWOSU – The HONORS Program.
To qualify for admission into the SWOSU Honors Program, a student must meet these three requirements:
• a minimum composite score of 28 on the ACT or a SAT score of 1250,
• have a 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 grading scale
• and have been admitted into SWOSU.
The prioritydeadline for applying to the SWOSU Honors Program is March 1st, and a separate application must be submitted.
The application process consists of:
• A completed Honors Program application (Part 1 and 2). Link to Part 1 http://www.swosu.edu/academics/honors/form-one.aspx
• a resume,
• contact information for two academic references,
• and a 500 - 750-word essay in response to one of the following prompts:
1) The etymology of the word “education” includes the Latin root “educare,” which translates as “to lead out” and “to raise up or bring up.” What do these meanings have to do with your concept of education?
2) A Nobel Laureate observed a few years ago that “Humanity's top 10 problems for the next 50 years are (in descending order) these: Energy and water, food, environment, poverty, terrorism, disease, education, democracy and population.” Which one of these future challenges do you want to address and how?
3) According to historic records, “Honors” means distinction in scholarship. What distinction in scholarship would you foster as an active member of the SWOSU Honors Program?
Lastly, applications received by the March 1st deadline will also be considered for the SWOSU’s Guaranteed Scholarships (see this website for additional information http://www.swosu.edu/administration/sfs/scholarships/guaranteed.aspx)
NOC President's Leadership Council
There are 3 scholarships listed in the flyer. The Presidential Leadership Scholarship, NOC.OSU Gateway Ambassadors Scholarship and the State Regents Academic Scholarship.
To complete a scholarship application visit www.noc.edu/scholarships
If you need more information please see your counselor.
Applications must be complete to be considered. The application must be scanned and emailed or mailed and received on or before Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Subject: GCRWC Scholarship
Garfield County Republican Women’s Club
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1744
Enid, OK 73702-1744
Include the following:
FARM CREDIT of ENID
Farm Credit of Enid will be awerding serveral scholarships for 2018.
Applicant is a high school senior planning to enroll the fall after graduation in a full-time course of study at an accredited two- or four year college, university, or vocational-technical school. Applicant may pursue any field of study.
Applicant is a son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a Farm Credit of Enid, ACA stockholder.
For more information and APPLICATION stop by the Counseling Office.
Deadline: April 1, 2018.
Northwest Oklahoma DAV
2018 Scholarship Application
1. Cash Award for one academic year.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicant must be a
a. Veteran, active duty member, or dependent (spouse or child as defined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs) residing or attending school in northwest Oklahoma (Alfalfa, Beaver, Blaine, Cimarron, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Grant, Harper, Kay, Kingfisher, Logan, Major, Noble, Payne, Texas, Woods, and Woodward counties) or a
b. Full-life paid member of Northwest Oklahoma DAV Chapter 66, their spouse, child, or grandchild.
2. Applicant must have a High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate. If applicant has neither, a detailed explanation of their plans and goals must be submitted.
3. Applicant must show proof of acceptance, or intent to apply, to a specific program (degree, certificate, etc.) at an accredited college, technology center, or training institution.
4. Enrollment must be for at least one-half time for each enrollment session. Enrollment can include remedial, refresher and deficiency type course work.
5. Prerequisite course work, training experiences, and regular course work must be towards a specific degree or program.
6. Dropped course work or complete withdrawal from session will require reimbursement of scholarship funds unless acceptable mitigating reasons are given in writing to the NWOKDAV Scholarship Committee.
7. Grade point average must be equivalent to a "C" or higher average.
8. Other tuition/fees, waiver funds or other scholarships will not disqualify the recipient from this scholarship.
9. Recipient may apply for this scholarship for multiple years. However, reapplication is not a guarantee that a past year recipient would be selected.
SCHOLARSHIP USES & DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS:
1. Recipient will be awarded a one-time payment before September of the year of entrance in a qualified program.
2. Award can be used for student fees, P.E. fees, lab fees, music fees, books, materials, supplies, equipment, or necessary uniforms.
3. Award can be used for all time periods - semesters, trimesters, training time period, etc.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
1. Completed scholarship application form. (A digital application form is available upon request.)
2. Proof of qualifying veteran status (Copy of DD-214, DoD or VA ID card, or other documents)
3. Proof of dependent status.
4. Copy of latest school transcript
5. Copy of School program acceptance letter, when received
6. Letters of recommendation (at least three; may not be from a relative)
a. One must be from your school counselor
b. One must be from someone other than a school employee
c. Letters must include signatory’s name and phone number.
The scholarship selection committee may conduct a candidate interview in person, video chat, or by phone.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED
NO LATER THAN APRIL 13, 2018.
Any questions or actions not covered by all previous instructions should be brought to the attention of the Northwest Oklahoma DAV. Contact info: 580-242-3808.
See your counselor for the application!
Oklahoma Indian Student Honor Society (OISHS)
Application is due next Friday March 9. Please see attachment for the OISHS Nomination Application.
Lucyann Harjo, Norman PS Indian Education Program
4100 North Flood
Norman, OK 73069
If you have questions or need more information, call: 405-366-5809.
AICCO OKLAHOMA CITY CHAPTER Indigenous Collegiate Scholarship Guidelines is due by April 30. Please see attachment for the AICCO OKC Chapter Indigenous Collegiate Scholarship.