Click on the Icon For More Info On...
Money for College
OU and OSU have preferred deadlines to maximize your chances of getting a university based scholarship.
Oklahoma State University encourages incoming freshment to apply by November 1, 2016 for early scholarship consideration. The regular deadline for full scholarship consideration is Feb. 1, 2017.
The final deadline for OSU freshmen admission is July 1, 2017
In order to be eligible for general freshman scholarships at the University of Oklahoma you will need file your application and supplemental scholarship questions by December 15th, 2016.
The final deadline for freshman admission at OU is February 1, 2017.
To apply visit the Common Application website.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU – Weatherford, OK)
SWOSU announces a new path to college graduation at SWOSU – The HONORS Program.
To qualify for admission into the SWOSU Honors Program, a student must meet these three requirements:
• a minimum composite score of 28 on the ACT or a SAT score of 1250,
• have a 3.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 grading scale
• and have been admitted into SWOSU.
The prioritydeadline for applying to the SWOSU Honors Program is March 1st, and a separate application must be submitted.
The application process consists of:
• A completed Honors Program application (Part 1 and 2). Link to Part 1 http://www.swosu.edu/academics/honors/form-one.aspx
• a resume,
• contact information for two academic references,
• and a 500 - 750-word essay in response to one of the following prompts:
1) The etymology of the word “education” includes the Latin root “educare,” which translates as “to lead out” and “to raise up or bring up.” What do these meanings have to do with your concept of education?
2) A Nobel Laureate observed a few years ago that “Humanity's top 10 problems for the next 50 years are (in descending order) these: Energy and water, food, environment, poverty, terrorism, disease, education, democracy and population.” Which one of these future challenges do you want to address and how?
3) According to historic records, “Honors” means distinction in scholarship. What distinction in scholarship would you foster as an active member of the SWOSU Honors Program?
Lastly, applications received by the March 1st deadline will also be considered for the SWOSU’s Guaranteed Scholarships (see this website for additional information http://www.swosu.edu/administration/sfs/scholarships/guaranteed.aspx)