AP English Literature & Composition
Google Classroom Code: txpiq6
***Summer Work has been posted on my Google Classroom in which there are four assignments with due dates of July 1st and August 1st. I have attached all the needed materials. Also, there will be a hard copy of these materials in a folder in the Counselor's Office.
At the completion of English Literature and Composition, the student (YOU) will be able to:
• Make warranted and reasonable assertions about an author’s arguments,
• Recognize and use literary terms,
• Apply literary terminology to fiction, drama, and poetry,
• Analyze different genres of literature, particularly short stories, novels, drama, and poetry,
• Read literary texts closely,
• Read, understand, and answer timed analytical literary essays,
• Read, draft, edit, and format analytic and research essays, and
• Answer multiple-choice questions similar to those on the Literature and Composition exam
Throughout the course, students (YOU) will be provided instruction and feedback on writing assignments, both before and after the revision of work that helps develop:
• A variety of sentence structures, including appropriate use of subordination and coordination.
• Logical organization, enhanced by specific techniques to increase coherence, such as repetition, transitions, & emphasis.
• An effective use of rhetoric, including controlling tone, establishing and maintaining voice, and achieving appropriate emphasis through diction and sentence structure.